On Thu, 17 May 2001, Ken Williams wrote:
> This includes modules like GD.pm (requires several external libraries)
> or HTML::Mason (has interactive 'make test').

Having a list of modules that have an interactive "make test" and having
some standard flag in the environment that makes them non-interactive
could make the normal CPAN shell easier to use.  And there's no reason
somebody couldn't write a component that would be loadable into CPAN to
download and build external libraries as needed.  expat and GD would seem
to be good candidates.

--
</chris>

Any chance of those paper cups and string being upgraded to tin cans
and wire?  Or as a coworker has said . . . I've seen better throughput
from a pair of gorillas and flash cards.   -Jon Lewis <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>