On Wed, Jul 31, 2002 at 12:30:12PM +0100, Nicholas Clark wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 31, 2002 at 01:20:25PM +0200, Rafael Garcia-Suarez wrote:
> > Wasn't there a .t file to run separate perl interpreters
> > and test for core dumps ?

We're dissolving that.  Use fresh_perl_is() and fresh_perl_like() from
t/test.pl and place the test in the appropriate group.  So somewhere with
other filehandle tests.

> I keep forgetting that I need to remember to ask this. Is there a FAQ
> for regression test writing? Well, an guide to "so I want to write a
> regression test, explaining how to do it, how perl5's tests are structured
> to reduce interdependencies, use Test::More; when Test::More is not
> appropriate.."

Porting/patching.pod

About the only thing that's missing is docs for t/test.pl.

--

Michael G. Schwern   <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>    http://www.pobox.com/~schwern/
Perl Quality Assurance      <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>         Kwalitee Is Job One