On Mon, Sep 02, 2002 at 03:56:14PM -0700, Michael G Schwern wrote:
> While the result is still ugly, it means we can expand and alter the
> requirements for running a core test.  For example, the PERL_CORE
> environment variable should be set (t/TestInit.pm currently doesn't).  So
> the full command is really something like this:
>
>     cd t;
>     PERL_CORE=1 ./perl -I../lib path/to/test.t
>
> Which could be reduced somewhat to:
>
>     ./perl -It -MTestInit t/path/to/test.t
>
> and perhaps reduced a little further by moving/linking TestInit.pm into the
> top level directory.
>
>     ./perl -MTestInit t/path/to/test.t

I think that that would be a good idea.

> but that will cause trouble when running tests with -T (because . is no
> longer in the path).

../perl -MTestInit t/path/to/test.t
Too late for "-T" option at t/path/to/test.t line 1.

So you already have to change the command line to run a -T test by hand.
So I don't see this as a problem:

../perl -TI. -MTestInit t/path/to/test.t
1..1
ok 1

Although writing it -T -I. is probably clearer

Nicholas Clark