On Thu 03 Oct 2002 15:19, "Green, Paul" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> sbrk is very Unixish.

I know. I'm not targetting Win32 (memory shortage is not an option, but a
feature) or OS/2. I was targetting my own problem/curiousity and probing the
usefulness of making it public.

My initial sbrk probe used

--8<---
use Inline C => '
    long MemUsed ()
    {
        return ((long)sbrk (0));
        }'
-->8---

Then I thought it was very likely that I would use this more than once, so I
turned it into a module, but before I installed it, well, you all saw it

--
H.Merijn Brand        Amsterdam Perl Mongers (http://amsterdam.pm.org/)
using perl-5.6.1, 5.8.0 & 633 on HP-UX 10.20 & 11.00, AIX 4.2, AIX 4.3,