On Tue, Jun 24, 2003 at 10:59:43AM +0200, Tels wrote:
> > On Mon, Jun 23, 2003 at 05:49:06PM +0100, Fergal Daly wrote:
> >>      I'm looking for comment or suggestions about this new module. It's
> >> independent of and complementary to Test::Warn. It tests that your test
> >> script didn't emit any warnings. Just add
> >>
> >> use Test::More::None;

Typo?

> >> to the top your test script, update your plan (if you've got one) and
> >> that's
> >> it. You'll get an extra test, executed after your script ends checking
> >> whether there were any warnings. If there were you'll get a full run
> >> down of
> >> them including a stack trace.
> >
> > Good idea.  Too bad about the plan calculation hackery necesssary. :(
>
> <hat class="devel">
> Can't nowarings() call Test::More::plan_add(1) or something like this?
> </hat>

Consider the following.

    use Test::More;
    use Test::Warn::None;
    plan tests => 42;

To make this work I'd have to overhaul the internal Test::Builder planning
system to allow Test::Warn::None to say "I'm going to add an extra test,
please remember this fact".  I can be convinced its worth it.

--
Life is like a sewer.  What you get out of it depends on what you put into it.
        - Tom Lehrer