* Potozniak, Andrew ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) [19 Aug 2003 00:28]:

[...]
> I guess mostly the syntax highlighting is the biggest concern.  I
> use emacs and that does syntax highlighting for perl files.

Surely it highlights pod distinctively?

> Is there any IDE out there that highlights POD differently than code?

If you class vim as an IDE, then sure. And as I've overridden vim's
default colouring for comments with things like green, POD and comments
are very easy to see.

> If that was the case then I probably wouldn't have a problem with
> in-module POD. I guess when it comes down to it it's readability and
> the ability to distinguish comments from code.

My only criticism of inline POD is when the docs far outweigh the code
and don't really follow the code order and the code order wouldn't be
good to change.

This amounts to precisely one of my modules. And in that case there's
not much code in the module itself that is part of a public API while
the public API is sufficiently complex to warrant reams of docs.

cheers,
--
Iain.