* Michael G Schwern <schwern at pobox.com> [2003-10-14 08:27]:
> On Mon, Oct 13, 2003 at 10:28:29AM +0200, Thomas Klausner wrote:
> >   * README
>
> Personally, I find READMEs useless duplication.  Even more so now that
> search.cpan.org works so well.

I'll concede that they are useless duplication if someone simply does:

  perldoc -t Module.pm > README

(I actually do that, though.  Maybe I'll stop now...) However, I find it
*incredibly* aggravating when I see a README that says "Module is a Perl
extension for blah blah blah".  A good, simple README is invaluable,
especially for those of us who use an offline CPAN mirror most of the
time (i.e., when I don't have net access to poke search.cpan.org).

(darren)

--
"Quiet and courteous" is often mistaken for "kind and polite."
    -- Andrew Langmead