On Fri, Feb 06, 2004 at 11:03:42AM -0600, Scott Bolte wrote:

>       I'd like to propose an addition to the Test::Harness parsing
>       rules to support dependency analysis. That, in turn, allows
>       monitoring for file changes and selective, immediate
>       re-execution of test files. Is this the right forum for
>       that discussion?
>
>       Building on the mini_harness.plx example from
>       Test::Harness::Straps, I added checks for declarations like
>       the following:
>
>               DEPENDS_ON "file"       # implicit test file dependency
>               "test_file" DEPENDS_ON "module_file"
>               "test_file" DEPENDS_ON "data_file"

In my development copy of Devel::Cover I have code which records which
tests trigger the various coverage criteria.  Such information should
allow these dependencies to be generated automatically, at least as far
as code dependencies are concerned, and would also allow more detailed
dependencies to be generated if required.

--
Paul Johnson - [EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.pjcj.net