This release fixes up a problem with adding coverage to an existing
database, and also fixes ...

On Mon, Mar 08, 2004 at 11:12:55PM +0100, Philippe 'BooK' Bruhat wrote:

> Does Devel::Cover work with programs/modules that fork a lot?

It didn't before.  With 0.35 it did with a strong following wind.  With
0.36 it should, but I've only tested it with one program that forks a
little.  In other words, I had done most of the work, but hadn't quite
finished it.

> I tried to use Devel::Cover to have a peek at how my test suite covered
> my module's code. I just did what the documentation said:
>
>     cover -delete
>     HARNESS_PERL_SWITCHES=-MDevel::Cover make test
>     cover
>
> But I did get an empty report. Did I forget something?
>
> I tried that with Devel::Cover 0.31 (I think) and HTTP::Proxy version
> 0.12. I'm sorry I didn't try yet with a newer version of Devel::Cover.

Back then there were probably multiple processes trying to write to the
database at the same time.  That shouldn't happen now.  But note that
any coverage before a fork will get counted twice.  I'd be interested to
know whether the results look correct to you.

I'm not sure how we stand with threads.

--
Paul Johnson - [EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.pjcj.net