On Fri, Mar 19, 2004 at 03:53:05PM +0000, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> Is there a way to nest usage of Test::Harness? I have an application
> with a number of custom modules. I want to structure my test suite this
> way:
>
>     myapp.t
>        module_a.t
>        module_b.t
>
>     module_a.t
>        foo.t
>        bar.t
>
>     module_a.t
>        baz.t
>        quux.t
>
> That is, I want the top-level test suite to call the module test suites,
> and the module suites to call their own test sets (often one *.t for
> each sub in the module).
>
> I want to do this because:
> 1) I want to be able to run either the full suite or just one module's
>    tests.
> 2) I don't want to have to make changes in two places when I add a new
>    subtest.
> 3) I want to tweak the flags to Devel::Cover for each module so that it
>    only collects data for the module I'm actively testing and doesn't
>    get incidental coverage for things it depends on.

Test::Harness just runs the tests you give it.  Simplest thing to do is
to just write a little script that has the necessary logic to determine what
set of tests to run and feed that file list to runtests().

--
Michael G Schwern        [EMAIL PROTECTED]  http://www.pobox.com/~schwern/
It's Paint Chip Eating time!