On Fri, May 07, 2004 at 03:03:10PM -0400, stevan little wrote:
> On May 7, 2004, at 1:37 PM, Tim Bunce wrote:
> >
> >But still no hoplite has actually adopted the DBI...
>
> Since I would like to get involved here, and (with the exception of
> HTML::Template, which is already taken) the module I know best in the
> 100 is DBI. Besides, it seems like Tim really want's someone to adopt
> his baby. So I will volunteer to take on DBI.

Yeah. Thank you Stevan!

> What do I need to do to get started?

If you're not already subscribed to dbi-dev then mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

> I have the latest version installed and have loaded the code into my
> favorite IDE so I can starting reading it all.

The best way to work on the DBI source is to use subversion to keep up
with the steadily evolving source.  See the CONTRIBUTING section in the docs.

Initially you can send me patches (just "svn diff") but I'll probably
just give you commit rights to the ./t directory before long.

> Anything else I need?

A plan, or at least some goals...

Here's what I'd like to see done soonish:

 1. Convert all exisiting test files to Test::More
 2. Parts of t/10examp.t should be broken out to separate test scripts
 3. Start increasing coverage, especially prior to DBI v2.

Beyond that there's a strategic plan to develop a new test harness
that will be reusable by drivers. It would be great if you could
help with that once it gets started.  (To a large extent it would
be a repackaging of the existing tests so any work put into the
tests now won't be wasted.)

Thanks again!

Tim.