> This is unlikely to be the only case in which I have not fully
> understood the subtleties of the op tree, and so I am grateful for
> reports such as this.

I'll keep them coming, then :)

> The following patch should fix it, and will be in the next release,
> hopefully coming next week:

excellent, thanks.

>>I tried taking a look at adding the condition to tests/cond_or but I really
>>couldn't grok the test suite at first glance :)
>

> It's not one of the more simple test suites out there, that's true.  In
> part this is because testing requires running the test program in a new
> process under Devel::Cover, then running F<cover> to generate the
> results, then checking the results are correct.  To do this, I use
> golden results.
>
> So the process is something like:
>
>   - Add the code to the test program in tests/cond_or
>   - Run make text TEST=cond_or and check the results are correct
>   - Run make gold TEST=cond_or

cool, that's good information.

>   - Do this for perl5.6.1, 562, 580, 581, 582, 583, 594 and 592,
>     threaded and unthreaded
>   - Take appropriate shortcuts by examining the golden results in
>     test_output/cover/cond_or.* and using all_versions
>   - Try very hard not to mess up

:)

> I've not really expected anyone else to do this up to now.

well, I was trying to be a good citizen and provide a useful test case
(rather than a tarball that merely exhibited the issue).  I did add
something to cond_or and ran 'make test TEST_FILES=t/acond_or.t' but I got
more than just one failure so I figured there was more to it :)

> Thanks again for the report.

no problem.  and thanks again for groking the op tree to the point where
Devel::Cover is really useful.

--Geoff