On Jul 11, 2004, at 11:09 AM, Michael G Schwern wrote:

I document private code like this:

=begin private

put your normal POD here

=end private

perldoc won't show the POD but someone reading through the code (and thus
needing to know about private functions) will see it. And POD is very
readable in its raw form. I use POD instead of comments to avoid having
a split documentation standard.

I do the same thing. Then I use Pod::Simple to generate output, and for those modules that would output it, I generate it to ignore the private sections like this:

perldoc -MPod::Simple::HTML -w accept_targets:private Module::Name > Name.html

I just had an idea. Per module private/trustme lists for Pod::Coverage.

=for Pod::Coverage trustme
you_cant_find_my_docs()

=for Pod::Coverage private
im_really_private()

I'd also love to be able to tell Pod::Coverage about generated methods and functions, so that it makes sure to check for docs for them, too.

Regards,

David