> It's your understanding.  You're not mocking the class as a whole.
> You're mocking an instance.  If it helps, think of prototype-based
> programming, where you don't inherit from classes, you inherit from
> other objects and selectively override or add methods on the new
> objects.

hmm, ok, I'll accept that I'm out of whack here :)  but I'm still a bit
confused.

Test::MockObject is clearly object/instance based.
Test::MockObject::Extends is documented to mock either an object or the
class as a whole.  if that's not the case that is fine (I guess ;), but then
I'm very confused what value passing a class name to new() adds - the docs
claim that it is for mocking class methods, doesn't it?

--Geoff