Geoffrey Young wrote:
>>[ Just before sending this I notice Geoff has recommended something
>>better, but I'll send this too as another WTDI. ]
>

> cool :)
>
> I started to maintain Apache-Test skeletons, but I never quite got them up
> to speed.  give me a few days and I'll roll a tarball with a test-cover
> target so that folks can have an entire working example of the way I would
> do it.

as promised, here is a tarball that includes a 'test-cover' target.

  http://perl.apache.org/~geoff/Apache-Test-with-Devel-Cover.tar.gz

it's made a little more complex than it needs to be because of version
restrictions: 'test-cover' requires the (yet unreleased) Apache-Test 1.14 as
well as the (yet unreleased) Devel::Cover 0.48.  if you remove that logic
the requirements to get Devel::Cover working well with mod_perl are pretty
minimal.

in a real-life deployment my configuration is almost identical, save lots
more +inc entries and specific pointers to where cover_db ought to live.
and, as paul pointed out, when you invoke Devel::Cover like this you get
coverage for _both_ regular perl modules tested by *.t files, as well as
your mod_perl handlers, making it really easy to mix apache and non-apache
based tests in a single suite.

anyway, if people have trouble with the tarball just let me know and I'll
tweak it as required.  if you are unfamiliar with Apache-Test, check out the
README contained within the tarball itself - it has just about everything
you need to know, including pointers to more verbose documentation.

HTH

--Geoff