Andrew Savige wrote:
> 1) You might be able to steal some implementation ideas from:
>
> http://cutest.sourceforge.net/
>
> This is a very simple C Unit Testing framework.
> In particular, it keeps state in a CuTest struct which is passed
> around as the first (mostly hidden) parameter to most functions.

Cheers.  I had a quick look at that to see if it was possible to make
it a bit more Test::More'ish, and to output TAP compatible output, but
decided a clean implementation would be simpler.

> 2) A uniform mechanism for test programs to handle command line
> arguments would be nice. For example:
>
> int main(int argc, char* argv[])
> {
>     tap_init(argc, argv);  /* mythical new tap function */     // ...
> }
>
> Some possible command line arguments are:
>   -v verbose
>   -d debug
>   -t give timing information (via ANSI C clock() function, say)

Isn't that more the province of the harness that's running the tests?
Like prove(1)?

> 3) Implementing cmp_ok() in C is a challenge. ;-)

Yes...

> 4) Is thread-safety a requirement of your library?

Not yet, but it probably should be.

> If so, you better think about it now because it's very hard to retrofit.

Any "Writing thread safe libraries for dummies" texts you could point me
at?

1        1         2         3         4         5         6         7    7
         0         0         0         0         0         0         0    5
                                                    -- The 75 column-ometer
Not speaking on behalf of my employer.                              </bush>