On Tue, Dec 21, 2004 at 06:09:40PM +0100, Tels wrote:
> Granted, that was what I did before Test::Legacy, which seems to have gone
> from a wild idea to some working stage while I was not looking :)

Most of it was written in about an hour and a half late one night with
another hour worth of polishing.  I decided rather than try to somehow
merge with the Test.pm code base, which looked daunting, I'd see how far I
could get prototyping it up from scratch.  Answer: nearly all the way!

> Oooh, you mean I change:
>
>       use Test;
>
> to:
>
>       use Test::Legacy;
>       use Test::More;
>
> and slap an is() a the end? Wow, that would be nifty. You should mention this
> in the docs!
>
> I do think that I still would convert the tests eventually to Test::More, but
> for the more huge test files that would be a nice intermidiate solution..

By jove I think he's got it!  I'll make the docs a little more explicit
about that though.

And you don't have to stop with Test::More.

        use Test::Legacy;

        # you don't want to blow over Test::Legacy's own functions
        use Test::More import => ['!ok', '!plan', '!skip'];
        use Test::Exception;
        use Test::WWW::Mechanize;
        ...etc...

--
Michael G Schwern     [EMAIL PROTECTED]     http://www.pobox.com/~schwern/
You see, in this world there's two kinds of people.  Those with loaded