On Wed, Jan 26, 2005 at 05:55:24PM -0500, David Golden wrote:
> While this simple example just has the test function shove a reference to a
> hash onto a global array @{$Tester::RESULTS{$filename}}, the test function
> could just as easily create an object (Test::Object::Ok, Test::Object::Is,
> etc.) that holds relevant data for that type of test and push that onto the
> array.  E.g. for "is" it would hold the "got" and "expected" results.

Test::Harness does not have any of this information.  It only has the test
output which is if the test passed or failed and the name.

Within the test program you can get at some of this information already
using Test::Builder.  It does not store the arguments of each individual
testing function and I'm not really sure its possible to do so in any
sort of universal fashion.

What you're suggesting requires both the test running and test output to
be done by the same process or for the test to output a whole lot more
information.  Both would require a radical alteration to the way tests
are run.