On Thu, Feb 10, 2005 at 01:56:50PM -0800, chromatic wrote:
> On Thu, 2005-02-10 at 16:46 -0500, Michael G Schwern wrote:
>
> > Trouble is STDOUT is parsed while STDERR is not so T::H has to be able
> > to disambiguate them while still displaying them in the correct ordering
> > and not run afoul of any buffering issues.
>
> I wave the "Nope, the UNbiquitous Test::Harness::Straps" flag in hopes
> that it staves off the backwards compatibility police.

Err, I don't get it.

> > And no, users should not have to upgrade their OS nor add sequence numbers
> > to output.
>
> Yeah, but they *should* upgrade to operating systems that implement
> *some* form of usable process control.  I'm playing my idealist card
> here and checking that we're still only betting peanuts and
> marshmallows.

I reference RFC 1925, section 2.1 "It Has To Work".

If its a platform p5p considers supported, Test::Harness will work.
Perhaps not all the fancy features, but it will parse and display test
results.  So as long as TH's basic functionality continues to work everywhere,
that's fine.