Christopher H. Laco wrote:
Michael G Schwern wrote:

On Sun, Mar 27, 2005 at 08:32:59PM -0500, Christopher H. Laco wrote:

Along the lines of converting to Module::Build...it went well until I started doing tests...things that worked now break, probably do to how they're now run...

t\xsp.............Use of uninitialized value in transliteration (tr///) at C:/Development/Perl/584/lib/File/Spec/Win32.pm line 99.
Use of uninitialized value in pattern match (m//) at C:/Development/Perl/584/lib/File/Spec/Win32.pm line 101.
Use of uninitialized value in transliteration (tr///) at C:/Development/Perl/584/lib/File/Spec/Win32.pm line 99.
Use of uninitialized value in pattern match (m//) at C:/Development/Perl/584/lib/File/Spec/Win32.pm line 101.

The path '' is not an absolute path. Please specify an absolute path

The path '' is not an absolute path. Please specify an absolute path

The path '' is not an absolute path. Please specify an absolute path

That's odd, its not where I'd have expected breakage. Want to post your MakeMaker and MB versions so we can poke at them?

I rolled back. I'm have to reconsicrate my Build.PL tomorrow.
I want to tinker a bit more tomorrow to rule out user stupidity.

My bet is that the shebang -w in my *.t files are kicking in where they weren't before; pointing to a difference in how they're invoked between the two envorinments.

Along those lines, CTRL-C, CTRL-D, and "Terminate batch job.. Y" never got me out of the loop:

 >>The path '' is not an absolute path. Please specify an absolute path

My only recourse was to terminate the CMD window.

I've seen this happen in some situations since moving to perl 5.8.x, Ctrl-Brk will work. It's not a Module::Build issue, but a perl issue.

However, I'm very eager to see the conditions that caused the above failure. I'm taking time off work soon, and one of the big things I want to do (other than relax a little and play with my new Nikon D70) is improve Module::Build's test coverage and generally shore it up, getting ready for Ken to release 0.27 and the integration into perl core. So any problem reports are very valuable. There is a Module::Build list[1] if you want to bring up any issues, report problems, or just get help making the conversion.