On Apr 12, 2005, at 3:58 PM, James E Keenan wrote:

How do you test that a variable has been tied to a class?

I looked through Test::More; the term 'tie' is conspicuous by its absence. I also searched the archives of this list and couldn't locate anything.

I'm looking for something along the lines of Test::More::isa_ok that we could use like this where the 'tie' call does not (at least in normal practice) explicitly return an object:

    use Tie::File;
    tie @data, 'Tie::File', $file or die;
    is_tied(@data, $file, "[EMAIL PROTECTED] is tied to \$file");

in most cases,

  isa_ok(tied $data, 'Tie::File')

should work, I think. There's no generic way to check the additional arguments like you are trying to do.

-kevin