On Fri, May 13, 2005 at 01:27:41PM +1000, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> OK, but if we remove that, the Stmt goes to ~70% wich is still
> shockingly low for such an important module. It is also very distressing
> that the Sub column isnt at 100% - why  you would go to the effort of
> writing test cases and not at least call every method/function is beyond me.

This is, after all, the whole point of Phalanx:  Find important, undertested
modules and improve their coverage.  I hope you're not just now realizing
that some of the most important and popular modules are also the most
undertested?

As for why no 100% coverage... test cases are often written in response to
bugs and not in an attempt to cover all functionality.  You can debate the
merits of either approach, but that's the way some folks do it.

--
Michael G Schwern     [EMAIL PROTECTED]     http://www.pobox.com/~schwern
Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.