On May 23, 2005, at 7:08 AM, Ian Langworth wrote:

The test is happy when I run
it normally, and even when I run it under Devel::Cover, but it
consistently fails in our nightly test run (under Devel::Cover).  As
best I can figure, Devel::Cover is slowing things down so much that my
test thinks the process doesn't exit.

Your code looks fine. It appears that your two testing environments
(running the test yourself and your automated nightly run) are
different in some way. This nightly run -- is it, by any chance,
running low-priority?

The difference is that the nightly run uses Devel::Cover, and tests all the code in our codebase (which appears to make Devel::Cover slower). At this point, I increased the wait to 30second, and that seems to make it happy, but I'd like to come up with a less fragile mechanism.