On Sun, Jun 26, 2005 at 12:08:35AM -0400, Collin Winter wrote:
> My inital strategy for implementing this was a two-tiered approach.
> First, compare the references; if they're the same, return true, go no
> futher. If they differ, however, say if anonymous subs were thrown
> into the mix, then use B::Deparse to decompile both subs, comparing
> their textual representations.

That's what I'm thinking.

> My initial quick-glance at B::Deparse's documentation mentions
> something about perl optimising certain constants away, which could
> well throw a spanner into the works. Storable uses B::Deparse when
> serialising coderefs, though, so I'm certain there's a way around
> this.

That shouldn't matter because any oddities B::Deparse applies to one code
ref it will apply to the other.  For equivalent code the decompiled
result should be the same.

--
Michael G Schwern     [EMAIL PROTECTED]     http://www.pobox.com/~schwern
Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.