On Sat, Jun 04, 2005 at 02:10:37AM -0700, Michael G Schwern wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 03, 2005 at 02:04:50PM -0500, Pete Krawczyk wrote:
> > }How can I use 'prove' and Devel::Cover together? I tried:
> >
> > HARNESS_PERL_SWITCHES=-MDevel::Cover prove file.t
>
> Kinda surprised there's not a --cover switch.

I happen to stumble upon merlyn's answer to this in the test suite for
CGI::Prototype.

He created a script called 'cprove' for this purpose, and it looks like
this:

 #!/bin/sh
 cover -delete
 PERL5OPT=-MDevel::Cover=+inc,/Volumes/UFS prove -v -I../lib "$@" &&
 cover

Of course, having a hard-coded path to his hard-drive is a drawback,
but's an example of a nice simple solution that gets you out of the business
of remembering so much syntax to type each time.

    Mark

--
http://mark.stosberg.com/