On Tue, Jul 12, 2005 at 07:45:35AM +0000, Smylers wrote:
> I can see why having 'inline' directives specifically for Devel::Cover
> could be seen as ugly, but if instead they are general-purpose
> assumptions then it's obviously better to have them next to the code
> that's relying on the assumption than in some other file.
>
> A good way of putting assumptions into code is with (Michael's
> excellent) Carp::Assert:
>
>   assert $p || $q, 'Either $p or $q must be supplied' if DEBUG;
>
> That improves your code, makes it easier for other people who have to
> deal with it, and should be enough to keep Devel::Cover happy.

While I get where you're going, I don't see how this could be made to work.
What, exactly, is Devel::Cover supposed to do with those assert statements?

--
Michael G Schwern     [EMAIL PROTECTED]     http://www.pobox.com/~schwern
Ahh email, my old friend.  Do you know that revenge is a dish that is best