Le mardi 12 juillet 2005 à 19:35, Ian Langworth écrivait:
> I'd like to improve HTTP::Recorder. I've contacted Linda Julien
> (http://search.cpan.org/~leira/) via her CPAN email address, but I've
> received no response. The module hasn't been touched in over a year
> and every RT ticket seems to have gone unanswered
> (http://rt.cpan.org/NoAuth/Bugs.html?Dist=HTTP-Recorder).
>
> Suggestions?

As the author of HTTP::Proxy, a tool used by HTTP::Recorder, I'd be very
happy to help. :-)

A while ago, I discussed with Linda about using filter objects rather
than a LWP::UA subclass for HTTP::Recorder, and she told me that the
first version of HTTP::Recorder actually used filters.

I think that using filters may be more appropriate (though I can't prove
it right now :-). For instance, you could make HTTP::Recorder only record
some sites, and not everything you visit. I've also fiddled with the
idea of having a more general HTTP::Proxy::Filter class, that would
contain both a HTTP::Proxy::HeaderFilter and a HTTP::ProxyBodyFilter,
for complicated needs that must work both with the headers and the body.

Follow-up to the HTTP::Proxy mailing list.

PS: There is also a HTTP::Recorder mailing-list, but I do not know if
    it's still alive.

--
 Philippe "BooK" Bruhat

 Destroy the little and you destroy the large.