On 25 Jul 2005, at 22:29, Peter Kay wrote:

http://qa.perl.org/test-modules.html has a bunch of test modules listed.

However, there are no harnesses listed.  I know Test::Harness, and I'm
going to go read about Test::Builder, but what other "meta-testing"
modules are there?
[snip]

All depends on your definition of "harness" I guess :-) Is Apache::Test one? Is Test::Class? Test::Base? Test::LectroTest? Test::Inline?

One of the things that makes Perl's standard testing framework interesting is that everything is so decoupled. As long as something talks TAP you can plug it in. As well as Test::Harness, you might want to look at:

Test::Harness::Straps
Test::TAP::HTMLMatrix
Test::TAP::Model

Apart from the TAPish stuff the only other Perl testing framework that seemed to get any traction at all was the JUnit based Test::Unit, which has it's own test runners as well as being able to output TAP. Seems dead in the water now though.

The only other thing that occurs is FIT frameworks, of which Perl has two:

Test::FIT
Test::C2FIT

Neither seems to have really caught on. People seem to prefer to grow domain-specific languages in Perl based on Test::Builder instead.

Cheers,

Adrian