On Mon, 5 Sep 2005, Thomas Klausner wrote:

has_perl_dependency:

In the META.yml (assuming it exists) there is a dependency on the
version of perl required to install the dist.

The goal of this is to make life a little easier on installers and CPAN
testers and a few other things.

Many many modules should pass this test already.

The main goal however, is to help enable the NEXT kwalitee test to have
better coverage.

Hmm. I never added this of any to my dists.

It might also be annoying for people if authors add a newer version of Perl
as a prereq than they have installed and some installer then goes off to
fetch & install a new version of Perl. (And it's a lot of hassle to find the
exact lowest version of Perl you need).

I'm pretty sure that CPAN and CPANPLUS will explicitly _not_ do this. The "perl" dependency is handled specially.

-dave