Adam Kennedy wrote:
Rather than do any additional exploding, I'd like to propose the additional kwalitee test "has_changes". I've noticed that a percentage (5-10%) of dists don't have a changes file, so it can be hard to know whether it's worth upgrading, or more importantly which version to add dependencies for.

I like it. I think it's consistent with many of the other metrics which are focused on whether the basic structure of a distribution is inplace.

(However, I have to confess that when I first read "has_changes", I thought you were proposing a kwalitee test to see if there was more than one release of a distribution, or more than one release in the last X amount of time. Maybe that will become a "has_changed" metric someday -- a rolling stone gathers no moss. I'm kidding, of course.)

David Golden