On Wed, 02 Nov 2005 17:19:07 +0100, David Landgren <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Chris Dolan wrote:
> > In the last year as a Fink maintainer (Mac OS X debian-like package
> > manager), I've come across a couple CPAN modules that have no license
> > information at all.  It's very frustrating.  I've submitted RT bugs,
> > but one of them has been fixed (thanks Ken Williams).
> >
> > To encourage authors to correct this oversight, I propose a new pair  of
> > Kwalitee tests.  Both would be nice, but if either of them were
> > implemented, I'd be thrilled.  I'd prefer that someone else implement
> > the test (lack of tuits), but if there is approval for the idea  without
> > a motivated implementer I will take a hack at it.
> >
> >  1) has_license -- check for the presence of a file named something
> > like LICENSE or COPYING or COPYLEFT or GPL or ... (each test case
> > insensitive, with or without .txt extensions).  Alternatively, the  test
> > can be more liberal by looking for the string "copyright" in  README,
> > *pm and *.pod.
> >
> >  2) has_meta_yml_license -- check for a META.yml field named
> > "license".  Module::Build supports this.
>
> That would suck, you may as well propose a Kwalitee bit for modules that
> use Module::Build.

You surely mean *not* using Module::Build

using M::B inflicts a huge compatibility problem on using
the module on older perls

Now for my real opinion, I think a module shall not be judged/qualiteed on
the used build system.

--
H.Merijn Brand        Amsterdam Perl Mongers (http://amsterdam.pm.org/)
using Perl 5.6.2, 5.8.0, 5.8.5, & 5.9.2  on HP-UX 10.20, 11.00 & 11.11,