Chromatic wrote:
On Mon, 2005-11-14 at 12:45 -0800, Ovid wrote:

Yes, I can see that.  I could actually have dropped Test::Differences
"eq_or_diff" and just used the "is_deeply" function from Test::More,
but when working with large data structures, there's just no comparison
between the two.  I suppose I could make Test::Differences optional and
fall back on is_deeply if they don't have T:D installed.

At some point, people install modules for the convenience of not writing
that code themselves.  I think they'll survive if you require modules
for the convenience of not having to write that code yourself, at least
if you don't go crazy with it.

The question is, what level of deps is "crazy" for something that they don't actually need on their computer permanently but only need for 2 seconds to install something of yours.

Adam K