In article <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, Adam
Kennedy <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> > And if there is a problem with Module::Install, you have to update all
> > your dists with the new version - solve one problem, create two new
> > ones :)

> But if there is a problem with EU::MM or Module::Build, you have to
> update every installation in the entire world with the new version.

That's not entirely fair. If I personally had to update all of my
distributions and re-upload them to CPAN, it would never get done. If I
(or the other users) have to upgrade EU::MM or Module::Build, they just
install the latest from CPAN.

If I had the old versions in my dist, I would have configured @INC to
look for them, and that's where they'd be found regardless of what else
is installed. I could code all sorts of conditionals to check if the
module is already installed and of the right version and so on, but
then things are getting pretty complex.

It would be nice if some of these modules could do their magic at
`make dist` time so they didn't have to show up in the dist. :)