* Adam Kennedy <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [2006-02-03 02:45]:
>But I don't know that I like disttest autodetection. I quite
>like being able to run the additional tests manually if needed,
>and not be limited to only during the disttest process.

Maybe do it the other way around? Define INSTALL_AUTOMATED and
INSTALL_INTERACTIVE environment variables that get set during
installation, so author tests run by default and can be skipped
when installing.

That does require touching more infrastructure, though. But it
should solve the problem long-term, because by doing it that way,
excluding tests not meant for end-user installation would not
require assinging names up front for every phase in the lifecycle
of a module and skipping each of them explicitly.

Regards,