On Mar 1, 2006, at 12:35 AM, Jeffrey Thalhammer wrote:
<posit>

This trend is being driven by a "flight to quality"
among software consumers.

</posit>

Jeff I think that is a good theory - I mean, it is a testable theory. I hope it is true, but I am not sure. I suggest you interview a few IT managers - come up with a list of 6 questions and ask them to answer in email - I can introduce you to a couple outside of the company you are at now, and I bet other people can to - getting answers from a dozen different IT managers would add useful information. And consider the different environments - small company, large company, fast-moving, slow-moving, etc.

Matisse Enzer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
http://www.matisse.net/  - http://www.eigenstate.net/