--- David Wheeler <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Test.Simple—JavaScript. It looks and acts just like tap, although in
> reality it's tracking test results in an object rather than scraping
> them from a print buffer.
>
>    http://openjsan.org/doc/t/th/theory/Test/Simple/

Tracking the results in an object is a better choice than scraping from
a print buffer.  One of the frustrating issues with Perl's testing
tools is the limited flexibility we have due to reading the output from
STDOUT.

The TAP output should really just be for humans.  It should also be
reconfigurable, but obviously we can't do that because Test::Harness
would choke.

Since it looks like we're going to stick with reading information from
a print buffer, we should at least publish an EBNF grammar for the
output.  (Interestingly, if we did that, we could potentially
incorporate that into Test::Harness and allow folks to provide their
own grammars and thus structure the output to better suit their needs.
Of course, I would like a Ponie with that, too).

Cheers,
Ovid