Ovid wrote:
> --- Adrian Howard <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> I've thought in the past about about using /^## / for non-test
>> related diagnostics
>>
>> ## Start the fribble tests
>> ok 1 - fribble foo
>> not ok 2 - fribble bar
>> #   Failed test 'fribble bar'
>> #   in untitled text 2 at line 5.
>> #          got: 'baz'
>> #     expected: 'bar'
>> ## Start the blart tests
>> # ok 1 - blart foo
>> ... etc ...
>>
>> Reads reasonably to me and has the advantage of being backward
>> compatible.
>
> Hmm, I was thinking something more along the lines of ">" or "*" to
> make it more visually distinctive, but backward compatibility is a
> glorious thing.  I don't mind "##".

I'm not sure I agree that there is a difference between them. They are
both comments output by the tests. Just because one comes from the
testing routine used by the test and the other from the test itself
doesn't mean they aren't both just human readable comments on the test run.

--
Michael Peters
Developer