Hi!

On Mon, May 08, 2006 at 09:01:19PM +0300, Gabor Szabo wrote:
> I checked it again, one can download the source code of their service
> from here http://validator.w3.org/source/
> and it is even packaged in some of the linux distros.
>
> (It is of course slightly outdated on Debian)
>
> Someone might want to write a wrapper around it
> or maybe use WebService::Validator::HTML::W3C with a
> local URL instead of the real W3C service.

Several years ago I worked on a project where we needed a commandline
interface to the W3C HTML validator. Back then, the cgi-script was
basically a wrapper around some SGML parser/validator, only doing
parameter munging and file upload handling etc.

So what we did was to use the SGML parser itself and ditch the W3C
middleware.

I took a look at their current code, which seems much different / better
now (templates vs inline prints, etc). So maybe reusing it is an
option...

--
#!/usr/bin/perl                               http://domm.zsi.at