On 7/7/06, chromatic <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
I DO NOT WANT TO RELICENSE YOUR CODE.

It is a huge maintenance burden.

It creates confusion for developers, who need to decide which version to
patch.

It creates confusion for users, who need to decide which version to use.

You can't reuse patches to the relicensed version without special dispensation
from the patchers.

It creates the possibility for huge divergence between the versions.

As an author who had up to four modules in the Perl 5 core at the same
time, I can say emphatically that coordinating new releases from CPAN
into the core and integrating patches from the core was at times
overwhelming enough for both me and the pumpking without having to
worry about licensing issues.

I agree with chromatic.  There are enough problems with coring a CPAN
module.  Do not volunteer to add another problem with licenses.