In article <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, Adam
Kennedy <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Nobody would care about dependencies if they never failed (except for
> the issue of installation time).

I have a couple of clients that are very skittish about outside
dependencies in general. They have to get thrid-party code legally
approved, etc, and since they can already use Perl they don't need any
special permission to use those modules. One client specifically wasn't
allowed from CPAN (although we solved that with a minicpan on a disk).

I don't make up these rules, but they are out there.

For the CPANDB, as long as I can read the data it in my own program, I
don't much care what CPAN::Index uses.