On 7/20/06, Michael Peters <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>> What benefit would that give? plan() is nice because it provides protection
>> against you test script exiting prematurely.
>
> <stating the obvious>
> The exact same benefit as doing a 'plan' at the
> beginning, except this would work for scripts that don't know how many tests
> they are going to run in advance.

<stating-the even-obviouser>

If your script exists prematurely then your deferred plan will not be called,
hence, no protection.

When something like

>>>       use Test::More tests => 'defer';

was emitted, it would mean the test *should* tell the plan at the end.
If it doesn't, it is a failure. I don't think this is no protection.
It may be an improvement to 'no_plan' in certain circumstances.