在 2006/8/12 上午 3:01 時,jerry gay 寫到:
for "managed," i have a few ideas. currently, the suite lives in the
pugs repo. this is a fine first approximation, but i believe it will
soon be time to move this suite (it doesn't make sense to keep the
"official" tests in a non-official repo in the long term.)

It's available in the official repo:
    http://svn.perl.org/perl6/pugs/trunk/t/

If you'd like to change the mirror point to
    http://svn.perl.org/perl6/t/

That's fine.  However, currently the commit bit to that directory does
not make it easy for people to help out, and while we can do this through a test-pumpking that reviews each patches and commit by hand, I don't think
that's a wise move to take.

It's true that "you need an openfoundry.org account to write tests for perl 6" may make people feel this to be less official. If we can get a good invitation system to hand out commit bits to svn.perl.org, I'm all for moving everything
to there.

Robrt had set one up for svn.perl.org/parrot/, but that is currently not actively promoted because of the policy that new committers to that directory has to sign
TPF's  Contributor License Agreement.

If we can relax that policy for the perl6/ or perl6/t/ directory, so we can migrate the openfoundry committers over without them having to sign the CLA by paper -- digitally clickthrough would be fine -- then I agree that we can migrate everything
to svn.perl.org.

the question is, should it be moved into their own repository, or into the repo of the "official" perl6 implementation (if such a beast will indeed exist,)

Currently the svn.perl.org repo is the most official-sounding one, by the domain name alone. (But I don't understand the motivation for putting the tests with "the true implementation" -- I thought the idea is to decouple the tests with any implementations.) So I think svn.perl.org is the right choice, if the admins
are okay with a more relaxed commit bit policy there.

Thanks,
Audrey