Test::Builder has a method use_numbers to turn off test numbering; this
can be useful when running tests in different processes.  But the doc
says:

> Most useful when you can't depend on the test output order, such as when
threads or forking is involved.

> Test::Harness will accept either, but avoid mixing the two styles.
>
> Defaults to on.

In a longer test script (doesn't "test program" sound silly?), I have only
a short section that is potentially going to be out of order, so I want to
say:

   $builder->use_numbers( 0 );
   $builder->current_test( blah );
   $builder->use_numbers( 1 );

around that section.  This works fine with current Test::Harness.
Is the "avoid mixing" warning out of date?  Or in accord with future TAP
plans?