In a module I have just started to maintain there were 0 tests
but there were several exampes with their expected output.

As I would like to keep the examples and I would like to have tests
but I don't want to duplicate this code I added a test t/sample.t
that would run each one of the example files and compare its
output to the expected output.

(system "code >out 2>err")...

So far I have encountered only one problem with this, when I run
./Build testcover I don't get the coverage report from these
example scripts.

So what do you think about using examples as tests?
How could I convince Devel::Cover to collect coverage
information from these tests as well?

Gabor
ps. specifically I am talking about this module:
http://search.cpan.org/dist/Spreadsheet-ParseExcel/