Ovid wrote:
I love this idea, but here are some issues that we spotted:

1.  How does one install tests for modules already installed?
2.  If you install a module with already failing tests, you need to track what
the failures are so you can note different failures when you run the test suite
in the future.
3.  What's the best way to install them?  Should a separate tool just for this
be built?

4. What assumptions are we making about how tests are packaged?

Scenarios:

* test.pl vs t/*.t
* Custom Makefile.PL or Build.PL that affects test runs
* build_requires modules bundled in inc/

I'm not convinced that you can get this idea to work short of caching the full distribution directory or tarball at install-time and then iterating through those using the actual Makefile.PL or Build.PL files to prep and call tests.

Regards,
David Golden