Ovid wrote:
----- Original Message ----
From: Chris Dolan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

How is that infinite stream different from the no_plan case? Is it truly infinite or just undetermined? That is, are you trying to code for the following use case?

  use Test::More test => 'Inf';
  use LWP::Simple qw(get);
  while (1) {
     ok(get('http://www.example.com/'));
     sleep 60;
  }

or is it something else entirely?

You have the basic idea.  You can also look at
http://search.cpan.org/dist/Test-AtRuntime/ for another example of an infinite
stream.

It's important to distinguish an infinite stream because as more people start
writing harnesses to deal with TAP output, they need to know immediately that a
stream is infinite so they don't do something bad like try to cache all TAP
output.

I was about to say the same thing as Chris, then I remembered Test::AtRuntime
is a perfect candidate for this sort of thing.