----- Original Message ----
From: Michael G Schwern <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> >     foreach $test (11..14) {print "ok $test # skipped on non-VMS system\n"};
> >
> >That unescaped hash mark is causing me lots of pain.
>
> Because its not an unescaped hash mark.  Its an old school skip directive.

Ah, didn't know that.  Thanks.

However, that still doesn't explain my other example:

  Regexp-Common-2.120 $ perl t/test_no_import.t
  1..3
  ok 1
  ok 2
  ok 3 # $; eq "\034"

Test::Harness thinks that's just fine.  If the unescaped hash mark was
forbidden (as I originally had it), then the last line gets marked as junk
(TAPx::Parser::Results::Unknown) and doesn't get counted as a test.  Only by
changing my code and deliberately allowing that hash mark was I able to parse
Regexp::Common's tests.

Cheers,
Ovid

--