Nicholas Clark wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 24, 2006 at 08:08:45PM -0400, Christopher H. Laco wrote:
>
>> With most modules, I agree. But with utility modules  like
>> Module::Pluggable, File::Find::Recursive, etc, not working under taint
>
> I'd be surprised if the author of Module::Pluggable wasn't open to patches
> to fix this.
>
> Nicholas Clark

:-)

> 2005-07-09 - 2.9 More Tainting fixes
>     Patches from Christopher H. Laco and Joe McMahon  to do more taint fixing

I used that module as an example. I agree with jrockway in that some
things can't be pre-untainted; things like CGI/HTTP request params. But
modules that don't untaint .* should provide something like File::Finds
untaint_pattern instead.

I'm a firm believer that everyone should run tests under -T. What use is
the vast reusable of CPAN if nothing runs under -T and the users
script/server runs under -T? People are forced to either a) not reuse
CPAN modules or b) write their own or c) run local patched
version....all defeating the purpose.

I think planning and testing your modules under -T is just being a good
CPANizen; just like warnings/strict and writing pod.

-=Chris