On 15 Mar 2007, at 09:20, Eric Wilhelm wrote:
At the moment, what I'm seeing is differences in priorities placed on
wants #1 and #2 and/or how much of "which want" you're willing to give
up for the other.

Right. Agreed. So let's nail this down to specific actions. My plan for
TAP::Parser - assuming Ovid et al agree is:

1) Disable OUT/ERR merging by default. Enabled by a --merge flag to
runtests. Documentation says: "using this flag destroys the important
   distinction between output and errors. Errors may be parsed as TAP.
   Bad things may happen as a result". We already have the merging
   implementation and some people are finding it valuable. So we don't
   destroy it but we make it non-default.

2) Implement TAP grammar for structured diagnostic information. This is
   patently a good idea. The only friction is that Test::Builder et al
   don't yet have support. We have to start somewhere.

Unless anyone can demonstrate that either of these actions actually move
us further away from our goals I'm going to get started on them,
probably tomorrow.

OK?

--
Andy Armstrong, hexten.net