Nathan Haigh wrote:
> I hope this is the correct place for this question!
>
> I'm trying to use Test::Kwalitee with the following test script:

I started to write a response, but when I tried to install Test::Kwalitee from the CPAN shell, I ran into massive problems installing its prerequisites.

Test-Kwalitee requires Module-CPANTS-Analyse, which in turn requires Array-Diff. I got fatal errors in Array-Diff; see patch attached, which excerpts the relevant parts of the cpan shell output.

Jim Keenan
cpan[2]> install Test::Kwalitee
Running install for module Test::Kwalitee
Running make for C/CH/CHROMATIC/Test-Kwalitee-0.30.tar.gz

Checking prerequisites...
 - ERROR: Module::CPANTS::Analyse is not installed

ERRORS/WARNINGS FOUND IN PREREQUISITES.  You may wish to install the versions
of the modules indicated above before proceeding with this installation

Creating new 'Build' script for 'Test-Kwalitee' version '0.30'
CPAN: YAML loaded ok
---- Unsatisfied dependencies detected during
[C/CH/CHROMATIC/Test-Kwalitee-0.30.tar.gz] -----
    Module::CPANTS::Analyse
Shall I follow them and prepend them to the queue
of modules we are processing right now? [yes]

Checking whether your kit is complete...
Looks good

Checking prerequisites...
 - ERROR: Array::Diff is not installed

ERRORS/WARNINGS FOUND IN PREREQUISITES.  You may wish to install the versions
of the modules indicated above before proceeding with this installation

Creating new 'Build' script for 'Module-CPANTS-Analyse' version '0.71'
---- Unsatisfied dependencies detected during
[D/DO/DOMM/Module-CPANTS-Analyse-0.71.tar.gz] -----
    Array::Diff
Shall I follow them and prepend them to the queue
of modules we are processing right now? [yes]

  CPAN.pm: Going to build T/TY/TYPESTER/Array-Diff-0.04.tar.gz

Checking whether your kit is complete...
Looks good

Checking prerequisites...
Looks good

Creating new 'Build' script for 'Array-Diff' version '0.04'
Copying lib/Array/Diff.pm -> blib/lib/Array/Diff.pm
Manifying blib/lib/Array/Diff.pm -> blib/libdoc/Array::Diff.3
  ./Build  -- OK
Running Build test
t/001_load...........ok
t/002_pod............ok
t/003_podcoverage....ok
t/004_diff...........ok 1/9Can't call method "count" on an undefined value at
t/004_diff.t line 29.
# Looks like you planned 9 tests but only ran 6.
# Looks like your test died just after 6.
t/004_diff...........dubious
        Test returned status 255 (wstat 65280, 0xff00)
DIED. FAILED tests 7-9
        Failed 3/9 tests, 66.67% okay
Failed Test  Stat Wstat Total Fail  List of Failed
t/004_diff.t  255 65280     9    6  7-9
Failed 1/4 test scripts. 3/12 subtests failed.
Files=4, Tests=12,  1 wallclock secs ( 0.47 cusr +  0.16 csys =  0.63 CPU)
Failed 1/4 test programs. 3/12 subtests failed.
  ./Build test -- NOT OK
Running Build install
  make test had returned bad status, won't install without force